Tuesday, December 7, 2010

haters gon hate

Last night I wrote a blog saying that I wont write here anymore.
Within 2 hours I received 2 text messages, 2 emails and 1 wall post on facebook telling me not to. (and this was all at 1am, seriously people why are you awake!)
People I had no idea even read this blog came out telling me that what I was saying mattered and that they had read it from day one.

If I want to be a writer then I will face critics the whole way and if I give up every time someone hates my stuff then I should get out of the game now.

So here is my one and only response to anyone that doesn't like what I'm doing. Say what you like, I'm not writing for you. I'm writing for me, and more so for the people that read it and take something from it, instead of worrying about whether I have used the right "your" in a sentence.

I'll continue to write and you can continue to hate. Everyone has a passion right...

Smile often
Beth

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I didn't see that post, I'm so glad you're not going to stop!! And it's true, you do write about the stuff that matters, and a lot of stuff that most people don't have the guts to discuss so openly.

    ReplyDelete